Outreach Ministry is a group that reaches out to serve the needs of others with emphasis on the local community. This ministry achieves its goals through the efforts of volunteers who give of their time and talent along with the generosity of the congregation. This group is responsible for monthly collection of donations to help those in need.
2018 Desert Cross Outreach Ministry Calendar
- January – Annual planning meeting. Blood Drive at the request of United Blood Services
- February – SouperBowl - money and canned goods to Shepherd's Warehouse; Baby Box Safe Sleep Collection
- March – Easter Baskets for Kyrene Resource Center (KRC) and Concordia School
- April – Blood Drive; Shoebox Ministry purse/personal items for Mother’s Day
- May – Sunday Hunger Jars for water for Grace Lutheran Heat Respite Program
- June – "Stock the Shelves" Food Drive for Shepherd’s Warehouse
- July – Back to School Supplies and Backpacks for KRC and Concordia
- August – Undies Sundays for Shepherd’s Warehouse and KRC
- September – Blanket and Winter Clothing Drive for Shepherd’s Warehouse
- October – Blood Drive; start holiday Food Drive for Shepherd's Warehouse
- November – Thanksgiving food drive for Shepherd’s Warehouse; Turkey Sunday for KRC
- December – Angel Tree for KRC
We always accept toiletries for Grace Lutheran. We also accept eyeglasses for Lion’s Club, pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House, gently worn shoes for KRC and Mission Africa, and Campbell’s Soup labels, Coca Cola caps and Box Tops for Concordia School. Drop them in the cabinet in the Tempe narthex.