Desert Cross offers many opportunities to serve our church and community!
Whatever your gifts, there is a place for you to serve. Please speak with one of our pastors or a staff member if you would like to see where your gifts and talents can be used! Opportunities to serve outside of Desert Cross can be found on the Outreach pages.
Ways to Serve at Desert Cross
- Help with worship! Volunteer as a worship assistant. This is a great opportunity for families to serve together!
- Help with Sunday School. Volunteer as a Sunday School teacher/assistant. Contact Shannon Fossett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help with a Service Sunday project. We need volunteers to lead and assist with our monthly Service Sunday projects.
- Help with Vacation Bible School. Help prepare ahead of VBS, or volunteer as a crew or station leader/assistant the week of VBS. Contact Shannon Fossett at email@example.com.
- Make our sanctuary an inviting place for each season
- Help with minor repairs/maintenance
Serve on a committee/team
• Outreach Committee
• Stewardship Team
• Hospitality Teams (Tempe and Gilbert)
• Church Council
• Endowment Fund
• Finance Committee
- Help with Advent/Lent Suppers. To volunteer for Advent/Lent suppers or to bring food, contact Denise McClellan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer in the church office. We occasionally need assistance with church-wide mailings, data entry, covering phones, placing newsletters in mailboxes, and other light clerical work.
Prayer Shawl Ministry. Help someone who is experiencing tough times in a very tangible way. Prayer shawls share a warm hug filled with prayers to those who are struggling and serve as reminder of God’s love for them. Contact Denise Viker, Parish Nurse, at email@example.com for more information.